28 March 2009

You're the top!



So now the Fringe is closed! But all is well just the city is less buzzing, buzzing as in drunk, stoned youths, can sometimes be a good thing. (I went to a doughnut stall to have the nice young man laugh continuosly, murmuring "ohh mannnn, theres a tree in the doughnut stand! Look. At. It. Ohhh mannn....". Ah, what young, interesting things they are.)

Yesterday I went and saw "Easy Virtue", which starts Kris Marshall hilariously as the butler, his face! Aw! The music, the style, the hair, the dancing, my! Am I inspired!


Today I must completely thank my friend Michelle for taking me to a beautiful fair today at her old school. It was utterly fantastic!! With food, families,oh! And scones:


THANK YOU MICHELLE!

Plus, also, for shouting me a turn in the petting zoo. Despite the fact I was the only person above the age of seven, it was extreme fun! Who needs bumper cars when you have goats? I had a strange fixation with wanting to pick up the pig but it wouldn't budge so I ended up chasing a duck around( Que Benny Hill music) before settling on some nice, defenseless rabbits and chickens.


Also, found some wonderful, little cheap finds at the stalls. I remember the fairs my school used to hold, with old grandmothers selling painted material cats and kites being the main attraction. This fair had a full on massive slide, Titanic bouncy castles and dodgem cars! Not that I'm complaining about the hand made goodness and grannies of my old school, its just amazing how these fairs have developed. Or maybe my school was just cheap, who knows?

Plus I picked up a rather nice vintage bag for fifty cents:


Its the middle bag, sorry for the shoddy quality. The other two were also bargains for two dollars. Apparently a carpet bag? Prompting "Mary Poppins" quotes- "pull out a lamp!".

Here are some other of my op-shops finds over the past few weeks:

I was so happy for the middle belt, three dollars compared to the mass produced twenty dollars ones. I'm pretty cheap as a general rule.


The last scarf, with the tapes, I just wanted one and the man gave me about fifteen for a dollar! And a bum bag! Bargain!

A hat my brother has lent me, from thinkgeek.com. Its rather fitting, ha ha ha. Geddit? I need to stop with the puns. (Dogs walked on a leash, do they get lead poisoning? Oh ha ha ha)



My father bought me this neon green coat and I absolutely love it! I've been called Bogan, Kermit among other things whilst wearing it but I can't quite resit it. This photo doesn't exactly do it justice.


I have worn this dress before, its rather and old find but its my favorite dress and I've never shown it before so I thought I'd just give it the recognition it deserves!




And lastly, possibly the best find, worn by my father in the 80's, found in the back of our shed (perhaps for a good reason) the lovely double sunglasses! They're just glass lenses so I shall probably find myself wearing them without knowing it, my eyes urging for there sweet embrace. HA!

Now, I'm off to EARTH HOUR! TURN OFF YOUR LIGHTS!

No comments: