4 May 2009

Monday is with Marten


As the cold kicks in, I spend most of my days in thick, wolly socks and insisting on numerous cups of chai (thank you Georgia for introducing me to my finest addiction. Drugs? Booze? Nah, chai, tanks!) and dragging out the old Doc Martens. I must seem rather hypocritical, being vegetarian but I bought them in year six honest! It is reasoned by endless taunts of clown music and 'Big Foot', so truly, I did and sadly, yes, I love them.

Last Friday night I went and saw Dylan Moran, in the flesh (whoops feeling a bit dizzy here, hmm) it was amazing! Despite all the live DVD's and endless watching of him to an almost stalkerish level, it was just as funny. As my friend said, 'you weren't the lady who couldn't control her laughter were you?', yes, I probably was. Moran seems to have social commentary down to a fine art with all comments and jokes some how feeling as if they relate to your life in some shape or form. 'The great thing about children is they talk you through silent treatment', goodness! Although I am left with the feeling that after bagging out Perth, stating it to be, basically, a hole that this will continue to Sydney, with Perth being replaced by Adelaide. But, oh well! Alls well that ends well and rababdaba, and as the argument proved today, despite my arguments, Adelaide is a hole. But its my hole. So its okay.

I don't really have much news or anything besides that. Maybe it is a hole! Goodness! Been busy thinking I'm working, well, not really. The last thing I completed was a supposed picture of my idol, which didn't work so instead I turned him into an astronaut saying 'I will eat your babies', I shall upload this later.Extrememly productive here, I tell you.

I haven't been listening to much 'new' music of late and have been rediscovering the joys of my CD collection (seriously, how amazing is Pulp?). I was very excited to hear that Leader Cheetah were from the Adelaide Hills, but thats about it. Actually, my main listening experience is 'My Lovely Horse' from Father Ted. Dear old Father Ted.

Have a good night!

1 comment:

Trish Hunter said...

Oh I SO wanted to go and see him but he's tickets had already sold out! Boo
Lucky youuu!