22 December 2008

Potato killer


From pre-Obama. Don't worry America, you done good.

Three more days till Christmas and my spirits are soaring. Right now I am looking up vegetarian Christmas options. Its looking like a familiar scene from About a Boy mm..nutmeg loaf was it? A member of my family claimed that I had, "ruined Christmas". Yet, I am not forcing my potatoes upon them. I love my potatoes! I still cry over the time I poured mouldy cheese on a perfectly lovely cold potato, meaning I could not eat it. Sadly, I was put in charge for the menu for the all merry day. I put down potatoes, carrot, pumpkin, chicken, ham (my poor father) and mint sauce. This, apparently, does not work. From my experience with mint sauce, I thought it could go with everything, like Kelly Osbourne and her ketchup obsession. So, menu duties have been relocated to someone with a more, diligent? approach to the task. I still think mint sauce goes deliciously with potatoes, people are so closed minded.
Now comes my last minute shopping as I can never do anything on time, blessed as a procrastinator. I have no idea what to buy and have no idea what I want. Thats a first. I keep saying Johnny Depp but no one is taking me seriously.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there how are you? I just wanted to stop by and say hello and so hello...LOL I also have something for you at my blog, so when you are ready click here and pick up your award. I am very grateful for your friendship on my blog and yours.

Jesse Noe

doctawho42 said...

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."-Douglas Adams

I wonder if you would be so favourably inclined as to SHARE Johnny with me. Maybe I should just send away for a collectable David Tennant.

Hayley Sarah said...

I'm vegetarian too. My mother in law is making the food though, so hopefully she'll come up with something nice. If it were me I think I'd have a panic attack, cooking for all those people. But then I've never properly entertained before so it's probably something you get used to.

Good luck with finding presents!