5 December 2008

TRUDY TRUDY TRUDY

Its time again, for Cats music rant.
This time I am going to comment on the some what new, English speaking French pop/rock groups and my love for them.

First I will start with the obvious.
Nouvelle Vague (New Wave).
The lovely French band that cover songs from the 80s with Latin/Caribbean infused Jazz/ Pop. The songs covered range from the beautiful "In a Manner of Speaking", smooth, brushes and light yet stunning vocals to the Echo and the Bunnymen's "The Killing Moon", which incorporates bird calls in a non-tacky way, which is a skill in itself. With Nouvelle Vague it is possible to know that they're French due to their accents and, not odd, but different pronunciations of the English language. This differs to the next band:

Neimo

The born cool guys of Neimo, despite their name reminscent of a animated clown fish, are like how rock stars should be. Stylish, assertive, definetly cool and if not a tad arrogant, but thats all the stage. I found this band whilst searching through my work experiences system, hard at work. They don't sound in the slightest French but they look French, which is a very nice thing to look.

Tahiti 80

I originally thoguht this band was English, they just felt English, sounded English and looked like a scruffy lad from Oxford, and then boom! French formed since 1993. Apparently they're very popular in Japan, they're "Big in Japan"..har har har. Basically they're kind of bubble gum pop, but still very cute, I guess thats what bubble gum pop is for. But check out they're latest song. The whole time I worried about the hamster and then at the end! Ah! Adorable!

But now from something slighty different, my favorite French band who actually speak in French, the completely fantastic and fun NAAST. Nobody, I mean nobody, well nobody I know, which means kind of nothing, know them! Unless I have hounded them to listen. They're completely underrated because they're absoulutely amazing! The best song for a good kick and jump around the house is "Tu Te Trompes", the video makes it all look so easy and carefree. I wish I was in a rock band, I mean, I long for it more than anything. This could happen if I didn't have such screwy short fingers though, I can't make the F chord, my genes have stuffed me up. Like my father, who actually has talent and is a drummer, I have drummer hands meaning the instruments I want to play, I can't because nine year olds have fingers longer than my stubs. This is true, as proven today by my Miley Cyrus worshipper friend. I can't mainly blame my so called fingers, I should also blame my laziness and procrastination of about everything, plus the fact that I spend about 90 percent of the time thinking of a band name (Bangers and Mash? No? I think its truly groovy, like the chimps, yeh?) instead of actually getting down and doing anything. I've writtens songs but they're mainly about clowns, which could work, if they're wasn't about 20 of them (borderline obsession). So I could blame that, but that would mean owning up to my faults, not things like my genes and parents so there, its my fingers fault.

Well, before I depart I shall leave you with the movie I am desperate to see showing that music CAN bring you together, perhaps only if you live in a movie but heres hope for us all. Nick and Norahs infinite playlist:


Have a good weekend. Plus this, if you see this you will have the best weekend ever.

1 comment:

doctawho42 said...

Wow, thats an incredible soundtrack.
*whistles*
Oh, and yours is pretty cool also.
Hahah, no I mean it.