13 December 2008

Time to Pretend


My 17th year on the planet. Its really amazing when you think about it, how we age and exist and such but then my mind goes all whiz-bang so I won't explain my theories to you.

At 12am on the 12th I was dragged downstairs and drunkenly sang Happy Birthday to. After, I was served cheap champagne which made my throat feel all warm and fizzly and attempted the Soulja Boy dance. Attempted being the operative word. After I went upstairs and danced to some Ska with my failed sense of timing and felt very mature. My sense of maturity differs greatly to everyone elses, it takes "Too Much, Too Young" to feel the year pass over me, creating lines in my forehead.

The next day I played twister, celebrity heads and made chocolate crackles. This made me feel slightly less mature. But still good. Except when I spent the main part of the evening with my ass in the air. This perhaps, was not a good look for me.


I finished the night with my 24th screening of About a Boy, in true birthday spirit.


In other news: The formal (public humiliation night) actually was, fun? Oh! What mess is this? Having fun at a school event? Never! But truth. I actually never got off the dance floor, mainly because that would mean walking in heels which I very nearly failed and toppled over in. The music wasn't my taste (That of the MTV generation), yet I still belted out a version of "Disturbia" knowing the lyrics consisted mainly of the creative genius of Rihannas entire song writing team to come up with "bam bam bi dum bam bam be dum dum".


Later, the night ended in a lovely bit of groping, most definetly not on my part, cheesecake and walking around sitting at bus stops yet not waiting for a bus. Which might sound poetic. But its not.


So, now, Happy Birthday to my mother and after they're dedication of "Little Ray of Sunshine" for me on my Birthday, I dedicate this to you:

1 comment:

doctawho42 said...

Oh yes, now I see, 17. Thats clever, I hadn't noticed that, but now I have. Now I feel silly

Soulja Boy? Oh Nooooooooo....
About a Boy? Oh Yaaaaaaaaahh...

Cheesecake waits for no man.

And again,
Happy Happy Birthday my homie bro.

I am in Perth now, so all is not well in my mind cogs, all the heat makes me go coco loco.

AND I HAVE DECIDED TO BLOG MORE THAN ONCE A NEVER. So there you are, happy?
It is mainly to escape the heat, inside on the computer, but also because I feel like a abandoned it. My blog that is.
Love Yarrr my fiendish pirate friend.