13 January 2009

Undercover Lover

The Mystery Jets (Jan 11th) concert was amazing! I'm kicking myself I didn't stay later when Blaine came out to DJ, but I'm not really a smoke machine/electro dancer, but still, it was fantastic! Well worth the hushed calls in school toliet cubicles trying to confirm tickets.

The group came out around nine in matching glittery get up looking rather spectacular and very different from their previous "hippy" like image. The group played an amazing set with new hits, like "Half in Love with Elizabeth", "Two Doors Down" and "Young Love" ("Flakes" was some what magical for me, how corny is that? But honestly, Blaine Harrisons voice is magical) plus old favorites like "Alas Agnes", "The Boy Who Ran Away" and "Diamonds in the Dark" to come back with an encore of "Can't Fool Me Dennis", with Henry Harrison singing in the back, that was really sweet.

My favorite part was probably, well theres a toss up between in "Alas Agnes" when an audience member beat them in the start to the "it all ended up in tears" and the band all smiled or the Dennis sing-a-long, which was the song I was hooked on back in 2006, scrawled on my school diary and phone and people thought I had some secret lover. I finally felt like one of them "true" fans.

Plus! In "Behind the Bunhouse", Daleks featured in the backing video, what else can rate cool?

Photo by E. Cooper (that makes it professional, innit?)

1 comment:

doctawho42 said...

WOOOOT!
Thats so cool you got to go. "Flakes" is also a favourite of mine.
And, and you'll be here soon, how totally radical is that?