15 January 2009

Yes, I Mean Gates

I have around five days left till the big move! Still sorting through my things, hence the drawings, scanned in case I lose them. I have so many things, its because I collect everything, I mean everything. I have collections of glass bottles to records to cacti to post cards, which was probably the hardest thing to pack up as I had arranged them so perfectly on my wall. But there we go, packed in a box to be opened later with great joy. I have over 300 different post cards that I've sourced from art exhibitions, war museums, French vintage shops, tourist shops and the all easy free stands (which are so utterly wonderful I take about five of each, who else will take them? They just get thrown out in the end).

I really must stop hoarding, its getting almost like an illness, who needs a collection of 70's polyester ties? I don't even try the Avril look.

Yesterday, I watched "The Grinch", which was the first movie I saw when I came to Singapore. We saw it as a family in some dingy old cinema where you'd be usually the only person there besides the creepy old guy in the back picking his toe nails that also seemingly was the cleaner. Watching the film now (its our Christmas film, no we don't watch, Miracle on Em Street or whatever, I think I got that title completely wrong, we watch "The Grinch") I never realised how risqué it actually is, it indicates towards wife swapping, gayness and among other things the Grinch yells at one point, "the powder is bitchin'". Not that I'm complaining, as a young naive girl I had no idea, but now my youth has sort of worn off, sadly and things are less magical. Yet, the film is still, with my new found understanding, good. And that dog should get some kind of award, "Max" was awesome.

Looking forward to getting this over with and being all packed and oragnised. Also, the hope of seeing Neil Finn at Womadelaide! Heres some more drawings.

Lastly, a list of recent outboxes, which may explain why people barely sms me.

"Its slum not flum"

"If only, if only, I would sell my kidney for that"

"Calm yourself, you may get over excited and spasm"

"I plan to eat their avocados"

"Could you imagine a pool of liver?"

"Why doctor it sure is bigger on the inside"

"The we must burn him"

"Her gaiagaiagag thats who"

"But what about Mason?!"

"Aw at least you will be the blonde abba member and not the red head"

"Nothing just everyone gates each other and yes, I mean gates"

Now theres an insight into my life. Have a good one. xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you,

I used to hold on to things when I was younger, then I left my wife and she divorced me and threw away all my old stuff, High School yearbooks, photos, documents, journals, letters, things in particular with shapes that cannever be replaced. I almost envy you right now....

but I suppose now if you look in my house I have only the very minimal of materials. My walls are empty, and I don't like a lot of stuff, lately I just like to live a very simple life. The TV off, art canvas and paint all over the floor, my blog boiling with art friends like you, my refrigerator... almost empty less the milk and breakfast items I love... but probably should not eat.

So, tell me about your move????

thanks for the blog friendship. I like your drawings and your post. even the quotes, or what they are if I can be so presumptuous.... :)

bye for now.....

Trish Hunter said...

Hello!
Thankyou for your comment :)
Oh you sound exactly like me
I too collect everything and have no idea why I need mens 70's ties or even half the crap I own!

I also loved the sms's
I'd msg you just so I could get those! haha much better than half the stuff I get.

Ecchi said...

Whoa, I can actually remember when you said that about a pool of livers... ahahhaa.
Dude...
I´m assuming that by now you´re already in aussie land?
TT