9 July 2009

Teenage Kicks


Whats more sad than watching Dynasty? Watching a movie based on the making of Dynasty, which is exactly what I did yesterday. I'm hoping I patched it up by watching an almost too art house film, ''Alice' by European director, Jan Švankmaje dated 1987. Usually I enjoy art house movies (my brother says its the sense of superiority I feel at its conclusion. Better than 'Dead at Breakfast' though) but this was a bit too...odd? The rabbit kept seeping sand, and then eating it again. Not before it dived into a drawer containing geometry materials followed closely by Alice, portraying a close up of Alice's hand after being pricked by a compass. You know those art house shots? Hand. Blood. Pause. Deathly silence. Hand. Blood. Gasp. Da da dannnn...TENSION. Though,I guess it did remain true to Lewis Carroll's novel. Its a very terrifying tale when you really think about it. I reckon anyway.

Other than that, I am waiting for my first zine (wow, I sound like an indie loser), YOU, to be delivered. I'm pretty excited. I recently received a postcard in the mail from my awesome friend, Jess, in Berlin and it was fantastic, dance worthy, to actually have something addressed to you. Makes you feel pretty important. Despite it saying to 'Bazzy'- my bogan name- I was over the moon. Even letters from the bank saying I have received five cents in interest (WAHAY!) make me feel important. Hopefully this sad little obsession with mail will change when I start to receive actual bills, or eviction notices, something along those lines, yay for getting old.

No comments: