16 October 2008

She needs a face lift

Banksy's new work in New York "The Village Pet Store and Charcoal Grill", finishing on October 31st. Depicting social commentary on a number of animal abuse issues, such as animal testing, mass culling of chickens for groups like McDonalds and general eating of animals. The animals are electronically created and the life likeness, especially that of the monkey, is shockingly accurate, almost creepily so. If this is what Banksy spends his money from the Pitts, then I have no objections. My favourite by far is the rabbit looking at itself in the mirror.

Theres a video on the internet where someone is laughing and saying "I don't get this one but that rabbit is more classier than I'll ever be". You got it. They were Americans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looked it up on youtube... PURE GENIOUS man. I especially liked the one with the baby camera in the nest. That's some 1984 shit right there. Creepy stuff... clever tho