18 October 2008

I know when to go out, I know when to stay in

Yet, I cannot complete the end of this beginning (thats a tad odd isn't the end of this beginning, sounds highly philosophical or just like someone with very bad ways of expression) to this amazing song, because, sadly, I don't get things done.

Anyway, heres what I have been doing instead, tubing, sadly not into the realms of London Below, but never less, check out these finds.

Rosin Murphy- "You Know Me Better"
I have recently acquired a taste for electro music. It sickens me, as I used to oppose it so much, but I'm quite into that "stuff" at the moment, the whole synth bit, Ladyhawke kind of thing, although this greatly differs. This is Rosin Murphy previously from Moloko (remember, "Sing it Back", dominating the Triple J airwaves for a good reason, its so damn catchy). The main drawing power for this song for me is the fact the video is based on the works of Cindy Sherman, its rather fantastic.

The Displacements- "Frontline Hearts"
Oh god! The beginning of this blew me away, it reminded me of Joy Division, The Cure a sort of mixed punch of all of those tunes around then. Then I thought shit! Is that the bloke from "Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging"? But no, thank god, just bad lighting. This song is positively amazing, this is for the repeat list, in which one song I play on repeat, constantly and still never sicken of it.

White Williams -"Violator"
Again, the synth, if not for the end I could imagine this song being something you play behind doing average activities or not so average activities. Its rather catchy, like "ch-ch-changes" but saying "vi-vi-violator". Maybe at the end the average activities have turned into some kind of riot! (Child on lemonade dance ensue)

The Lodger- "The Good Old Days"
This is so sweet, the just look the regular blokes you get down at the shops, adorable aren't they?The music is a tickling fantastic, inspiring me to get up and try and dance naturally, fail, but still continue, its that good. The video is sweet, too, like a permanent 60's filter over it and everythings orange! C'mon what more can you ask for! I'm inspired to hug someone due to this song.

The Popguns- "Someone You Love"
A sort of softer The Cranberries, to put it into context. Its the sort of stuff you listen to as an angsty teenage girl that still wants harmony. Shoegazer period, like the Pale Saints, 1989 I think. From this I was linked to the Hollow Men- "November Comes", which just made me laugh, but its a delight to watch.

Winter Hours- "Wait Till The Morning"
Its deeply romantic poetry in an amazing song, it sort of reminds me of The Church, for reasons beyond me, I love it, the videos in black and white and the cut out bits cause you to ponder the meaning of life and cold frosty mornings.

And lastly, a video I sourced after Triple J's morning show, did you know theres a channel now thats basically just Triple J in Australia? I'm thinking "holy shit! What other wonders are on TV in Australia?" After that I was greeted with Top Gear Australia, proving us to be truly the convicts we are. Because we steal. And not even that well. But anyway, heres Augie March.

Augie March- "Pennywhistle"
My gran and I sat there watching this video (my gran is what can be considered as "hip", she listens to Lily Allen but refers to her as "the lovely girl with the pretty dresses".) she defined it as a good song because it caused her foot to involuntarily start tapping. The song is worthy of foot tapping thats for sure but the video is hilarious as well, especially when he beats the whistle blowing boy up, thats ace.

So, now I shall start working, I was meant to start at two. Its six. Procrastinators of the world unite but later, yeh?

No comments: