23 October 2008

Pass this on! Its a cracker!


I received this in an email. I found this incredibly funny. But I also think my 'fraid not/frayed knot joke is the work of pure genius, so I guess I'm no judge.

And finally the week comes to an end. I had a deep emotional experience today, thank you Kirra.

So two more exams, thankfully, as my attention is fading away rapidly.In the last exam I found myself humming "Big Girls Don't Cry" to which I condemned, "back demon, back" in my head and desperately tried to change to "Boys Don't Cry". Basically I wasn't concentrating too hard on the exam. Which may have caused me to not read the question correctly and just write about any artist I knew, such as Dali, just because I knew his life story and Pierre-Auguste Renoir so I could make a critical quote (phwoar!). I mentioned him painting his elbows blue, which he truly did do, so, c'mon, he has to give me marks for that, and I did study him. Just in my own time.

"Nerds don't know they're nerds, if they did, the world couldn't function".

And who encrypts?

Rupert Giles!

I also found myself pondering on the properties of cream cheese. Is it cheese or is it cream? How very utterly confusing. Is it carrot or is it cake?

Besides that we discussed our favourite chat up lines today in our intense hardcore study session. Mine include:

"Fat penguins....Just a way to break the ice"

"That shirt is very becoming on you. If I was on you, I'd be coming too"

"The word of the day is legs. Lets go back to mine and spread the word"

I told these to my friend and he stated I'd changed and was no longer innocent. What is this, a conspiracy? I am innocent, I may not be five with a flat nose therefore proving the existence of evolution, but I am innocent.

Kirra's favourite is "if I said you had a nice body, would you hold it against me". And guess what, I just go it. At that precise moment, after years of hearing it I finally got it.

This coincides with my brothers statement of "are you just stupid at home or at school as well?" (this came when I frustrated, told him the fridge, that had remained in that position for about 20 years before and the switch created for the purpose of the fridge, didn't work and the plug didn't plug in after about 20 minutes of trying to plug the fridge in. My brother came and turned the plug around and lodged it in. He then did the impression of a retarded child trying to get circle into triangle, told me it was me and walked off. I guess it didn't help that when his friends came around I poured him a glass of chocolate milk, pestered his friends asking them if they want chocolate milk, sounding like the toaster in Red Dwarf and sent him out the door with muffins and half a bottle of wine. I don't make a good impression). So there you go dear brother, school as well.

Plus I added in the "It's Time" campaign into my answer. I said I would and I said Whitlam was hip. (Intended African American slang-TRUE DAT!)

Now to study as opposed to my parents teacher interview ("Oh Catlin says that healths the subject where she doesn't do anything, its her laid back time".) I am to work and learn the wonders of the difference between contraception and protection and the term "sexually active".

1 comment:

Befuddled said...

yay.
i would do the whole deamon thing aswell. I was going to write something half intelligent (for me) but got sidetracked my this lovely art program which helped clear up at few things I had in my head about cubism and minimalisn. My parents may not like Picasso but I am starting to see a certain charm, I must admit. Sorry, I could harp on forever and it would NEVER have anything to do with what you just said.
Nice line, Kirra. No, it wouldn't work on me....
(i honestly don't mean this things that I say. I just say them.)