7 November 2008

Creamy, green goodness

"If you want to go to Wales, you can't laugh every time a Welsh person talks or comes on television"

"I can't help it! They're so funny!"

I shall explain, after a night of recounting my childhood plays (Fiddler on the Roof and Honk! once I participated in school functions, those days are long gone.) I came home to find Midsomer Murders on the tele, Midsomer being the place where despite each episode having about four people die, the town can keep on functioning and having their spring fairs. But whats this? Perhaps the population had dropped to an all time low and inspector Barnaby had to leave (due to the fact murder seems to follow him, not the other way around) and visit Wales to plague them with his misfortune and more murders to occur.

Cue the Welsh man. Rugged, unshaven, with a stick, a farm and a small cottage and of course, a Welsh accent. Causing me to burst out laughing, I couldn't help it, especially after watching episodes of "My Family" with the strange array of Welsh in that. Yet, my mother gave me a foul look and said the following. The reason behind my want to go to Wales is due to the poet Dylan Thomas, of which I am named after his wife, (Caitlin Macnamara/Thomas). My mother heard her name on the radio about 6 years before I was born and that was my name. Unfortunately her name is spelt Caitlin, so everyone just assumed she heard wrong, but! Oh mightily! The new movie "The Edge of Love" proves otherwise. Tracking the life of the two women in Dylan Thomas' life, Caitlin is featured and look! "Queen of Ireland, love of my life, Catlin Thomas!".



Unfortunately they all sort of play around, and Caitlin is most likely quite the opposite of me, but perhaps I shall model myself upon my model.

In the end the Welsh man, named "Brim", the oddest of the bunch and the most Welsh was the murderer. I guess thats how it works though, Americans always have evil English opposites and the English, if they can't have the evil Irish opposites, throw in a Welsh person and you're off.

3 comments:

doctawho42 said...

Inspired, by whom?
Also, avocados?

doctawho42 said...

hee hee, welsh people. The edge of love was out months ago...tish tosh.

Befuddled said...

did you see those lovely blue eyes?
i hope their men eyes so i can love them.