14 November 2008

Well Heck, I'm Open




Jarvis Cocker, my cabbie,I wish.

"but he's like killing people "

I could deal with that. Its better than the particularly odd cab drivers who ask where my boyfriend is and if I just finished my shift because I'm wearing black tights. Every time I wear black tights I get some old creep trying to pick me up, my grandmother calls it the "Benny Hill effect". My best pick up yet includes the old uncle (Singaporean slang for man older than you) at the Thieves market, in baggy shorts, singlet top and missing teeth asking my mother about my boyfriend, before saying "ahh..I give you half price!" and giving me a little wink on the side.

Besides that I get the types who, despite there being around 50 other spare seats, feel it necessary to make me move my bag and sit next to me. This really pisses me off. I know I'm doing a bad thing putting my bag there, I hate when other people do it, so I'm a hypocrite, but when I've just finished a day of school, inclusion of a compulsory 4 kilometer run for "fun", a yoga class that involved the "badly stretched pretzel" and a lesson of general maths because Mr Wise guy thought I wasn't into maths, more into art so why "strain" myself? Well, sorry, but I can calculate the average of 10/5 even if I like art, fascists. A lesson of general maths: "Hey, so, if you see a French girl and an English girl, but you don't know the French girl is French, who would you do?"- dead serious, this is the class I am in. I can feel my brain cells calling out, wailing before dying in a slow, pitiful death.

Basically, my point is at the end of a crappy day, I don't want some outstandingly odd character sitting next to me, who grunts and twitches at regular two minute intervals, who for me to get out, gets his free little lap dance as he refuses to move. That just shits me off. I will keep my bag there and you will deal with it or feel my mighty wrath of "thats not very nice".

If this continues to fail I will simply stop washing and my natural smell will repel them.

"You haven't washed anything, what is this?"
"I feel no need"
"Can't you make an effort?"
"Nope, don't care"
"I've given up, the make up, the brushing of hair, everything"

Its not that I have low self esteem, I just have low self esteem for everyone else.

1 comment:

doctawho42 said...

Jarvis Cocker. Oh god, I've loved that clip for ages, it made me fall in love with teh guy. And then I found out he wrote the "She studied sculpture at Saint Martin's college..." song. HAh, my half sister's mum was offered 20 camels for Maddie. I would have taken the deal, I mean 20 camels in exchange for a whiney, pompous, lib/arts scholar. BARGAIN.

I echo your sentiments for the last paragraph.