13 November 2008

Your broken records and words


Some may diss the workings of the lovely Snow Patrol but I suggest you all buy their latest cd, A Hundred Million Suns, although I may be slightly biased (whats that? "ZAAAA!! SNOW PATROL!"), it is fantastic, I don't know if they could follow up Eyes Open, the album that gave them most of their fame for "Chasing Cars", besides "Run" from Final Straw; my favorite, slightly darker, "Spitting Games". Plus, being number one on the UK album charts indicates that yes, Keane are back in the game post-rehab Chaplin, looking and sounding fantastic, I love the little stomp when the keyboard is being played, that just tingles me down the spine.

And so begins Cats weekly rant on music.

My playlist is as follows:

Start Wearing Purple- Gogol Bordello
In the video, just before it really kicks off, he does this sort of push on himself and falls backwards, I have to calm myself I am so excited.

Ghosts- The Jam
I wish I was as cool as Paul Weller, sheesh. If I was, I could do anything.

Inbetweener- Sleeper
Its a comedy but I love it, like "Parklife" by Blur, hilarious Englishness plus a bit of "oy! That bloke in Eastenders, innit?".

Take Back This City- Snow Patrol
Apparently, Fintan update: this song is about Belfast. Most likely as they are from Northern Ireland, but they're last two albums were all about Lightbody's infidelity so thats a change, a nice one though.

15 Feet of Pure White Snow- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
For Mo-vember the art teacher is getting this full on Nick Cave Grinderman (current period- "Pussy Love") tash. Its fantastic, not quite a Gogol Bordello or Dali mustache, if so I would be donating all my earnings plus extra if they did a push and fall down, but still.

Acrobat- Maximo Park
I did an art piece where I had to listen to this song on repeat, 500 times over and over and I'm still not sick of it. Gosh, the lyrics make me sob like someone watching Lassie for the first time and then I can full throttle the dance moves to any of their other songs, karate chops arms like Paul Smith.

I Don't Know What I Can Save You From- Kings of Convenience
I love my European pop, like "She's an Apple Pie" by Kissogram.

And there you go. I have taken the advice of Dolly (hosh! cosh!) and am bleaching my elbows with lemons. Did you know avocados were a fruit. I did not. You learn something every day, thank you Caroline. :)

1 comment:

doctawho42 said...

UGHHHHHH SNOW PATROL?
WHAT, WHATIS THIS!!!!
Fine, i shall download whatever noise they choose to produce and give it an ear or so.

Oh, and you made a boo boo. Not big, but kinda funny. Blur's song is called "Parklife" not "Parklands", which I agree, is hilarious. Especially the bit about the pidgeons.

Nick Cave has the best facial hair in the world. Lemon bleaching of elbows. Can you sink no lower?