19 November 2008

The primative survived. I can too.

A play set in normal house. Daughter enters. Picks up sports top. Notices red pattern on top-jumps to conclusion:

"Whys there tomato sauce on my top?"

Mother replies:
(Parent humor, sound as if caring) "I don't know, why is there tomato sauce on your top?"

"I shouldn't have to wash this. I didn't put the tomato sauce there. How did that even get there?"
"No idea"

Examining top whilst walking to laundry. Stops:

"Oh, I think its pollen"
(Parent humor)"Well, theres quite a difference. Tomato sauce, pollen"
"Meh. Alright". Proceeding to place it in bag for tomorrow.
"Aren't you going to wash that?"
Daughter shake head.

(Pleading) "Make an effort?"
"Meh."
(Over sarcastic) "Oh! What a terrible mother I am! Telling you to make an effort! How terrible am I? Telling her to wash her clothing!"

Father response: "This house would be a better place"

Daughter, undefeated:
"Meh. Damn straight. Fascists"

As mother continues to rant over "terrible mother she is".

Scene ends.

It did definitely look like tomato sauce.

This whole sarcastic terrible mother thin stems from when I woke up. Put on dirty clothing. My mother proceeded to shout at me and I left slamming the door. I was justified, the clothing had aired overnight and thanks to the invention of liquid spray (environment safe), everything smells goooooood.

The next day we had another fight and I said I was upset because she picked on my appearance and she stated that smell was not an appearance and telling her daughter to wear clothing that was clean was not something people usually protest against.

I still think I was correct. She told me to wash the pollen shirt, but I'm pretty sure I can rub it off. Plus its on the inside, wear it inside out, everything still appears clean. I would say that applies to underwear too but thats only what brothers and camp instructors do.

3 comments:

doctawho42 said...

I have a pretty sneaky, but oddly convincing suspician that dirty clothes builds up your immune system. So tell that to your mum.

I have the same issues, except with hair. Mum has given up on the "Talk", and instead just hands me a brush when I sit down at the breakfast table. I think it works. I remain bushy haired and bright eyed.
Everything smells goooood here also.
Loveeeeee Han.

Sarah said...

I'm nineteen.
My mom still doesn't trust me to use a stove or oven while unsupervised.
Yay, undermining parents, =I.

Befuddled said...

Facsits!
Their WHITE FASCIT BASTARD HUTS! ARGHGHGHGHGHGH!
Hehehe.
YOu wouldn't believe some of the stuff that become fascist when Im in the mood... okay maybe you would.
Isnt that (building up imune system) what your mum said Catt with the cat?