8 September 2008

Don't eat toothpaste

"I've run out of toothpaste"

"You do know you're not meant to eat it right? Its bad to eat toothpaste."

Oh woah! Thank you! I have now seen the light! No longer shall I sit there for hours at a time, carefully squeezing the minty chemical mix into my mouth for the extreme joys it gives me! Thank you for your advice! I have learnt the error of my ways!

But I can't say that due to my recent reputation of being referred to as "stroppy". A word my parents told me they have "discussed" (discussed? What do they do? Sit there and converse about the recent adventures of their daughter over a nice cuppa?) and thought it was fitting. At times it is elongated to "stroppy cowette" or using their up to date knowledge of teen fads "Little Miss Stroppy" which they promised me they will design on a t-shirt for me.

Now lets define "stroppy" for you people out there:
stroppy:
" ornery, fractious, belligerent, or obstreperous, and hence difficult to deal with"

Why thank you.

So every time I come back with some slight sarcastic comment or such my parents mutter "stroppy" under their breath. For example, the other day I asked "can I make myself a wrap", as in food wrap, a perfectly reasonable question to as at dinnertime. Instead my father proceeds to create his own little pun and perform his own rap. Once finished he asks "how was that Catlin?". Walking out of the room I reply with "oh, great. Yep", with only the slightest tinge of sarcasm and i get:

"stroppy"

Well! What was I meant to do? Praise his pun? Compliment him on his rhyming of skank with bank?

Its like the "your head" episode my brother had earlier this year. The "your head" episode was a period where every smart comment I made was retaliated with a simple "your head", my brothers take on "your mum". This "your head" comment drove me insane to the point of feeling highly inferior and highly annoyed. At one point, in the climax of it all, i attacked my brother, making a noise like a cow in labour I ran, screamed and jumped on him whilst he watched the anime channel. As I attacked I shouted obscenities at him including "don't you bloody your head! my arse!" and trying to bash him with whatever I could, including, as he would state "your head".

As i recall I ended up on the floor with his foot in my face. I then recall myself exfoliating my face to the point where one could eat off it, yet, I can still taste his foot now. Later I would recall the "your head" episode to the children I babysat, this caused them to use it under every circumstance including, "stop that!" "your head!", "time for bed" "your head!". I wondered later why I recalled the "your head" story to the children and if they use this outside of my babysitting hours. This may perhaps explain why I haven't received a babysitting job since.

Instead of sarcasm I whined- "I didn't eat it" elongating the "it" in a defeated tone. The typical whiny youngest child voice.

"Well, you shouldn't, its bad for you"

Your head.




3 comments:

doctawho42 said...

Wow, that had such a beautiful flow to it. It was shaped, like a hedge. And one thing went smoothly to another and HAVE YOU READ DAVID MITCHELLS WEEKLY THING IN SOME BRITISH MAGAZINE. Well, I did, while I was away, and oh, he is very nice and reasurring, and funny "cow in labor" and oh, well, what i meant to say was. "Ahh yes, very well done, i like, i like" *claps hands appreciatetivelylyly*

Anonymous said...

I would of used 'Your Mum' but since we are siblings it wouldn't of worked

Your Head!

Anonymous said...

My Foot!

HA