15 September 2008

I Must Win

Fishmonger is a word:

A fishmonger (fishwife for women practitioners - "wife" in this case used in its archaic meaning of "woman") is someone who sells fish and seafood.

Wikipedia never lies, like Microsoft, both are holy and comfy in my sweet computer based hands.

Plus, it states here that fishmonger in Hamlet referred to a "pimp", as often fish implies toward the male genitalia (penis for your delighting) but in Hamlet it is more likely the female genitalia.

This now makes the word so, so, so much better. I can now actually insult people and sound like I know what I'm talking about, instead of saying "you dick!" and sounding like an incompetent insulter, I can now say "You complete and utter fishmonger!" and seem like I am quoting the words of the great English master.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahahaha! genious!