21 September 2008

That Minty Goodness

So, I received another baby sitting job, this time with the decency not to mention any insults they could later use against me. Its a bit shocking, really, I am generally terrible with children.

There was no need to sacrifice the child, no need for a beating stick, no need to call a priest/ slayer with a fully fledged sword (as apparently that's the only way to kill the demon child, arriving at the door to state "yes..this is my friend..he's very good with children") and no need to use dettol: lime fresh.

Instead I was forced into watching Hannah Montana, proving my theory, she truly is the devil child.

I feel so very sorry for the youth of today. Montana, a direct copy of practically every teen movie of any generation ("Ahh! We've gone back in time, my parents aren't meeting and I am fading away!", hey kids! Spot the rip off again! This show is fun for the kids, as they sit there dumbly playing along with the chipmunk in a wig and fun for the parents, or torture, who knows, as they try and figure out what shows being ripped off this week). The show features some annoying girl whose name sounds like some kind of disease who later transforms into some other annoying girl with a name that rhymes with an American state, Alexis Texas or something, who can supposedly sing. The twist of the show? No one can tell its her because get this, she puts on wig. Yes, unlike Superman, who could be disguised by his apparent geekiness (if only such worked for me) , Clark Kent in glasses, Cyrus here, just shoves on a badly made honey blonde wig. Where is she? I don't know! And don't care! The girl is so utterly annoying, that in real life you'd most likely slap with a double edged mackerel and not even bother with the dance. She just doesn't deserve it.

I have nothing against Miley Cyrus, its just badly scripted and a product of Disney. Which seems to ruin practically everything it touches, tainting it with its "good connotations" that never seem to turn out that "good". Case in point: pedophile Madhatter. Just plain wrong.

So what are kids meant to inspired by? If not Hannah Montana, the Jonas Brothers, a bunch of ponced up idiots who like to state they're called "Danger", or the other servings of goodness offered by Nickelodeon. Long gone are the days of Angry Beavers and Rockos Modern Life, now we are left with shows about young bands who write songs about not doing chores. Riot worthy stuff, I tell you, those pre-pubescent are bringing back Punk. And, unlike Disney, who seem to chose the kind of kids that would be on toothpaste ads, scaring us with their wholesome goodness and pearly whites, Nickelodeons offer is, well, not exactly pretty. I'm not discriminating, its a nice change to those shiny, happy people holding hands. But in reality, those kids are the kind that would be slapped around at the playground, Nickelodeon is implanting false hope into young minds. You will never be cool.

My inspiration as a child was Daria.This could explain a few things, that I would hope you would not point out, have some decency please. Yet, I think I'm better for it, I associated myself to a cartoon character who never changed clothing, was down on fashion and fashion club, wore Doc Martens and never really showed any emotion, ever. But its sure better than a chick whose last name sounds like some kind of sexually transmitted disease.

1 comment:

doctawho42 said...

Daria. Yes. Well, you did make me promice... HM (that show) is intensely annoying, if only for the fact that, when I google myself, SHE (Cthuthu's sister and Hitler's cousin)comes up.