13 September 2008

Equality for All

We were watching that American comedy, "Greek", the other day, that sort of cliche, feel-good-deal-with-serious-issues-comedy, that is alright for the most when the following quote came up:
(Boy on show talking with sister, who looks like Barbie's sister that no one can remember her name, Julie? Jenny? Fanny?) "Who ever Satan dates"

(My Father) "A goat"

And after much thought he stated "slightly worse than a New Zealander"

My father isn't racist, he believes everyone one is equal accordingly, I mean, he makes fun of everyone.

He has his "checking-the-shoes-for-dog-poo" dance for the Irish, pretending to be Michael Flatly, his anal-retentive jokes about the Germans, his Bush rants for Americans, his impressions of Carrefour shopping for Singaporeans, his beer bastard/sheila jokes for Australians, his "the English are weird" rants (which usually goes hand in hand with talking about the other side of the family) and his sheep jokes for New Zealand.

So basically, hes a pretty egalitarian man.

The day ended with us both pretending to be dead and making my mother decide who was the better dead person. I won as my mother stated my father looked like he does every night on the couch after falling asleep through a TV show snoring heavily and then waking up and acting like nothing happened. Which reminds me of a time where my friend and I were watching Pretty in Pink, my father snored all through Dukie's dance and most of the important dialogue to wake up, say" ohhh...yep..this is the good bit" and walk off.

1 comment:

doctawho42 said...

similar thoughts i thinkest.
hah, Pretty in Pink, yeahhhh. Duckie. thats cool.
aww, but duckie, shuettet...pfft.