25 August 2008

Boogda Boogda

I want something else. How is it possible that the smallest, mundane year you have ever known can make the biggest difference to everything?

One day you're sitting in class waiting for the clock to strike 9:20 (until you eventually realise that the clock doesn't work and that is the core reason why maths actually lasts so long, not just because your imagination has gone into torture mode) and the next you're worrying about everything that's happening around you, what people are saying, if the people next to you are laughing at you, and why you should generally care what the surface area of a cylinder is! Seriously, who cares, when am I ever going to need to find the surface area of a cylinder, never! What use has the got in normal day life, what? Am i going to sit there trying to calculate the surface area of my can of coke? No, I'm just gonna drink it and chuck it. No, wait recycle it. Back to topic, but seriously, recycle.

When did youth become such a disgusting age to live in? Your youth is meant to be the best times of your life! If this is the best time of my life then my life is truly going to suck.

Do you know how much work we have to do? It used to be that you would sit in class and watch a video about animals mating rituals and try and act like you were generally interested in the dance of the kakak bird, but now you watch that twenty minute video, do an essay on the procedures of the mating ritual before being marked on two marking criteria and a comment that will supposedly help me next time we do a project on a similar topic, really hard marking, a word with two letters jumbled up is severely attacked with big red circles and large arrows pointing to the already obvious mistake. Funnily enough one teacher didn't notice the extremely large mistake I made when I stated Bangladesh was in India (stupid but true), as soon as I handed it in I worried for two weeks, realsing the dumb, dumb, dumb mistake I'd made, got it back, nothing, a tick actually, now that's irony.

No comments: