18 August 2008

Pulling an All Girls School

I never really fancied going to an all girls. I always thought I'd go completely mad, I couldn't talk about boys, make up and the things you think are cliche for girls to talk about but they really do. (e.g. in a maths lesson- "Do you think he fancies me?" No, he likes that slut who constantly finds her leg wedged between his thighs by accident,now, shut up and do your parabola- I think- but say "Of course!")

Even worse, a catholic all girls school. Then, my fate would be decided. On this topic, a recent conversation by my favorite study of teenage life, the girls on my bus made me realise the things I hadn't thought about in the girls school life. Touching on the subject of a womens role and embroidery it showed real depth.

"I don't wanna go to my old school. It was all girls, I'd be like, forced to do crochet. All sitting there with our crochet"

"Whats that?"

"Its like, a type of stitching, knitting thing"

"Are you sure like, that even exists"

"Yes! Cause theres like, that magazine crochet today" (I'm not kidding, that was her evidence, and how can they use like so many times, its starting to get to me, I start saying like and then want to hit myself with the nearest item, I hate it! If we are the future theres a downfall predicted on the account of the word like)

"You sure its even said that way?" (to then list off a number of different arrangements and sayings of crochet, "crotchet" being one)

"Yeh, I know, okay? Gosh!" (Little miss got mad then, this was so, so interesting i turned back to my MP3 player and tried to change its background from the photograph of umbrellas in London, to Johnny Depps face. I guess in a sense, I would fit into an all girls school. Hell! I'd love to sit and crotchet.)

No comments: