26 August 2008

I don't feel safe in my home

My father just came into the room (I had to quickly click away from viewing my 7 billion emails saying "so and so has commented on a photo of you" blah blah blah, I have never felt more popular in my life and click onto my maths document with my hands poised over the keyboard, my I-am-hard-at-work-in-deep-thought-pose that never really fools anyone because my face always looks so nervous, I would surrender any knowledge to spies at the drop of hat), dressed in shorts and for some odd reason work shoes, he claimed:

"On Friday, I will have a lot of work and won't feel like going out as your friends come over. I will stay home, just give me a few 80's songs and I will play them on the keyboard and entertain them all."

He then proceeded to go into his "music room" (complete with keyboard, drum kit and microphone and amplifier, which he hopes to be able to play all at once) and create 80s synth, as inspired by Gary Numan, to illustrate his commitment to my humiliation.

After about five minutes he reemerged asking me if "that a bit too slow for your friends, do you think they'll want something faster?". I replied "Oh, yeah, something they could really groooove to". Using my comment he created a sound much like a lawnmower with his mouth, the seemingly depiction of "faster 80s synth". Lastly, I asked if he was serious:

"Oh yes, I have a lot of work, will be very tired" he trails off, mumbling downstairs until he reaches the bottom and says to my Mum-"Hey Jude, ain't that right, I'll be so tired on Friday, I'll just have to entertain her friends with my music, like that German guy" to then mimic a lawnmower again.

I can never quite tell when hes serious. Either it will go down like a lead balloon on Friday or my Dad will recreate the 80s with his one man band, lets hope theres no chance of either occurring.

No comments: