25 August 2008

There are no fishes! Only schools!

break. At last. I need this one though, I was up to my eyeballs in work and completely and utterly stressed. I found myself so tired that I would come home slouch on the couch and point to my belly and rub it, indicating "I WANT FOOD" and if that didn't work, perhaps moan and open mouth. This often failed and i remained hungry. Unless I was able to dig up a museli bar wrapper and lick that or a strepsil/ cough lolly thing and stick that in my mouth. Did you know your only meant to have one every two hours? My friend used to pop 'em like pez, no wonder shes slightly bonkers.

The next complication came with trying to find the remote. You know how your parents always say "put things back where you found them"? Well, I do, i honestly do, but something happens they miraculously grow legs and hide behind sofa pillows with the amazing ability that despite being black or grey blend into the red velvet lounge. Its like evolution occuring against me. So, i can't find the god damned thing and end up having to watch the Crime Channel as, like always, its been left on from last night when my mum watched it till 2 am. Shes got a weird obsession with those "True Crime" things, shes read all the books, watched all the shows and can quote most homicide cases off by heart. She knows her way around most poisonous chemicals, murder weapons and trace evidence. Its generally very creepy and i think if she was to kill my whole family in a great big blood bath, they couldn't catch her, shes got too much experience, they'd find no traces, she'd be the "Big Bad" on CSI. So I sit there wondering how much longer I have to be fooled into thinking that everyone who goes into Forensic Science is buff, with fantastic hair and stll can quote Greek Mythology off by heart to catch a killer, frickin misleading that is. Sometimes to make the show more believable they throw in a pair of glasses or a "nerdy" guy, aka likes comics, puffins or is "Asian", thinking it might balance out the "crime" team.

Another obstacle is the school work. I can't "Get a Life" i can barely sustain the one forced upon me, which is work. I work nearly 6 days a week, from 9-7 and i don't even get paid. When I do finally get my holiday i have to do even more work due to "external projects", which is supposedly preparing us for the outside world. People on the outside world get friggin holidays, thats how they can jet off and ruin perfectly lovely churches or mosques in their short shorts and oblivious attitudes towards religion (which sometimes fascinates me more than the site itself, "Hey! I'll go to a Muslin country and wear a pink boob tube with no bra and denim cut offs to the Blue Mosque" ) because they get HOIDAYS. So i have to sit down an do my homework, which it usually better than watching the Crime Channel i must admit, and ponder over what else I could be doing (usually coming to the conclusion of not much). The worst if when I have to type a project on the computer and my hand will guide the mouse to Myspace without knowing it, my mind telling me I'm simply going to "listen to music". I often do but cannot help scrounging around sites, staring at other peoples lives wondering if they're happy. I end up feeling so guilty I ban myself for a week like an anorexic after a binge on cake. I'm on one at the moment, a ban from Myspace that is, I don't even know why, i have even got a Geography project to do.

So the works a no-go,the tvs shit, the remote keeps hiding and no ones thought of the help i need to make a sandwich or my ever going guilt trip about Myspace or projects . I become so stressed I end up sitting on my bed staring at the fan humming tuneless tunes or thinking of words that rhyme with Orange.

I have come up with none.

Forange? Isn't something mice do?

No comments: