25 August 2008

Smelling your own feet? THATS DISGUSTING

As stated, in the most fantastic book in the world, namely, "Thats DISGUSTING" but in the case of floorball, sacrifices were needed to be made.

As our Monday sports elective drew closer and closer myself and partner in crime, George, realised we smelt pretty bad. This was mainly due to our amazing skills on the football field where we sweat our bodies out producing a scent that even most grown men would be jealous of. Despite my attempts to convince George that our stench would appeal to the male gender, our natural scent drawing them to us like hyenas to a carcass we came to the conclusion that perhaps that actually wouldn't happen. This decision was especially supported when my friend proceeded to smell her own socks, perhaps not the wisest decision in the world.

So what was there to do? I know, I know, harmful to the environment, but c'mon, we smelt like a compost heap that had been composing for the last 12 years that not even rats felt tempted to scrounge around in, so yes, the conclusion we jumped to was spray on deo. But we didn't have any, quite obviously.

This called for some Hunting and Gathering. Which is exactly what we did, well, not me, i sort of guarded at the door as my friend quickly searched through the netball teams' bags. Finally an excited, " Ohhhh!" called my attention, in which I ran to the end of the bathroom and was sprayed madly head to toe whilst quickly jogging on the spot whilst giggling excitedly (yes, my adrenaline rush of the day, stealing some poor sods deo, score). Suddenly, a young junior walked in to see this frenzy of smells and socks and quite rightly questioned what we were doing to which we replied "you saw nothing", before giving one final spray on the socks and returning the spray can to its rightful owner.



And boy, did we smell good.

No comments: